Good news everyone! At least it should be. I’m now going to be operating largely from Ubuntu. This means that I’ve changed the software I use for screen recording. Previously I used the free Microsoft Expression Encoder. Now, don’t get me wrong – it was great software – but it was a free version only, with recording times limited to 10 minutes. Now I’m using Desktop Recorder under Ubuntu so I no longer have this limit.
Serendipitously, at around the same time, YouTube have allowed me to upload videos longer than 15 minutes. These two factors combined mean that now I shall be perfectly able to upload videos as long as I like to YouTube – within reason.
The upshot? My videos can now be more complete, and hopefully split into fewer parts where applicable. If you’ve got a short attention span, perhaps you won’t be too pleased, but frankly I think this is a great way for me to improve my content!
You should be able to enjoy some long new videos soon.
- Thoughts on Ubuntu in 2011 (techrights.org)
- Linux Q&A ; Why I Play for Both Teams (omgubuntu.co.uk)
- First Look: Ubuntu 11.10 “Oneiric Ocelot” (writingconfederation.wordpress.com)
- Have you seen the new ‘Celebrate Ubuntu’ YouTube channel yet? (omgubuntu.co.uk)
- Drag n’ Drop YouTube Video Uploader for Unity (omgubuntu.co.uk)
Top Posts & Pages
- Thanks for the tip. I will sort out more consistent numbering when I have a chance to update (@YouTube youtu.be/Do9KWIDsAQM?a) 4 months ago
- You'll need a special cross compilation toolchain, yes. That would include at least a cross (@YouTube youtu.be/_ZRi-8uK64M?a) 5 months ago
- @SpiralSeven Yes there are textual tutorials to go with every video. The link is in the video (@YouTube youtu.be/PFUK0yCPUu0?a) 5 months ago
- @SpiralSeven you can use an absolute path or a path relative to the directory containing the (@YouTube youtu.be/V-NZ_QTXlUs?a) 5 months ago
- I haven't really done much cross compilation myself, so I can't give any detailed advice. I'm (@YouTube youtu.be/_ZRi-8uK64M?a) 5 months ago
- C++ (36)
- C++0x (10)
- General (6)
- Icanos (3)
- Introductory (11)
- Libraries (2)
- Boost (2)
- Links and Libraries (20)
- News (35)
- Notice (30)
- SFML (32)
- Space Fight (6)
- Tips & Tricks (32)
- Tutorial (12)
- Uncategorized (29)